Date and Time: Wednesday 30th August 2023 19:00
Registration from: 17:30
Online Entry: Fabian 4 entry here
Location: Ynysangharad Park, Pontypridd
Event Cost: Open team £42 / Women only team £28 (£7 per runner)
RACE DAY INSTRUCTIONS
Below are the final race day instructions; any changes will be briefed just before the start.
1. Car parking will be at Gas Road Car Park, Pontypridd, CF37 4TH. This car park is free after 3pm, and will be signposted from Taff Street and Crossbrook Street. Other car parks, if spaces are full, are NCP Goods Yard Car Park, CF37 2DS (payable at all times) or Sardis Road Car Park, CF37 1JR (free after 3pm)
2. Race HQ start/finish is outside the National Lido of Wales in Ynysangharad Park, Pontypridd, CF37 4PE. It is a 5-10 min walk from the car parks.
3. Race registration and race number/baton pick-up will be open from 6pm – 6.45pm. Team captains should pick up the race packs for their teams. The race packs will contain the race baton, all the team race numbers, and pins. The last runner for each team will have a red race number.
4. The race start is 7pm prompt. Runners are encouraged to warm up away from the start/finish area. There are numerous paths in the park away from the start/finish area to do this.
5. Toilets are available next to the lido. There are additional toilets in the Lido Cafe for paying customers.
6. The Lido Cafe will be open until 8pm for runners and spectators to grab some cold and hot drinks and snacks.
7. There will be no bag drop so please leave valuables in your car or take them with you. There is a grass area near to the start/finish where teams can set up and leave bags, but this is at runners’ responsibility and risk.
8. Bottled water will be available to all runners on completion of their leg.
9. St John Ambulance service will provide first aid cover and will be at the start/finish area with mobile cover if needed.
10. The 2023 relay route is one lap of 2.07km of paths situated within Pontypridd Park. Runners should be aware the paths are open to other park users such as walkers, dog walkers, runners, and cyclists.
11. The route will be well marshalled and runners must follow any instructions given by marshals.
12. The changeover point of the relay race will be controlled by barriers and extra marshals. It is very important runners in this area follow the instructions given when it is time to approach the changeover zone.
13. Important – The wearing of headphones is not permitted under UKA rules of competition. This is for safety reasons and being able to hear marshals instructions. Runners/teams may be disqualified if this rule is ignored.
14. All batons must be returned at the end of the last leg.
15. There will be a prize giving ceremony afterwards with prizes for the following categories: 1st Open team 1st Female team 1st Open Vet team 1st Female Vet team Have a good race and on behalf of Pontypridd Roadents good luck and enjoy!
Rhodri Evans Race Director