Date\Time: Monday 30th August, 09:30 am start
Online Entry: now closed
Treforest 10k 2021 Final Race day instructions
Pontypridd Roadents welcome runners back to our races after a long 15 months of uncertainty due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It is nice to get back to some sort of normality. The virus has not gone away so please take the time to read and fully understand the following guidance to make the race day enjoyable for everyone.
- Please do not travel to the event if you are showing any signs of COVID-19. No one should leave home if they or someone they live with has symptoms of COVID-19 currently recognised as any of the following – A high temperature – A new continuous cough – A loss of or change to their sense of smell or taste.
- Do not attend if you have been asked to self isolate through the NHS COVID app or by NHS track and trace. There will be 2 QR Code posters at registration for you to scan and check in.
- Come ready to run and minimise your interaction with race staff/marshalls and participants by being as self sufficient as possible.
- Under no circumstances swap your number with someone else.
- Observe social distancing where possible.
- Be aware of your personal hygiene e.g avoid spitting and nasal clearance.
- Bring your own hand sanitiser if possible. Hand Sanitiser will be provided at the start/finish area and at the water station.
- Car parking will be at USW Car park and will be signposted. Postcode is CF37 5UP. Car park open from 0815.
- Race HQ start/finish is outside the Pottery Pub, postcode CF37 5YR. It is a 5 min walk from the car park. Registration to pick race numbers up will open from 0830 – 0915.
- Race start is 0930 prompt. Runners are encouraged to warm up away from the start/finish area. It will be a mass start so please position yourselves accordingly.
- There will be toilets available from 0830 in the Pottery Pub.
- There will be no bag drop so please leave valuables in your car or take them with you.
- There will be 1 water station on the course at the 4km and 6km mark approximately. Bottles with sports cap will either be handed to runners or you will be asked to pick up yourselves. If discarding please do so as soon as possible after the water station where volunteers will have recycling bags. There will also be water at the finish.
- There will be first aid cover provided by St Johns Ambulance at the start/finish and mobile cover if needed.
- The 2021 route is a new course due to roadworks affecting the old route. The new route is a flat, fast course with a mixture of pavement, road, cycle path, Taff Trail and 1 short rougher tarmac section with mud in places. Unless instructed by marshalls runners should run on the left due to the nature of an out and back route. There are a couple of tight turns so care will be needed on these corners, especially with runners coming towards you on the opposite side.
- One part of the course is run on the road, there will be cones and barrier tape to segregate runners from the traffic. Marshalls will be in place so care must be taken on this short section, and under no circumstances should runners run towards traffic.
- At least half of the course is run on cycle paths and the Taff trail, please be aware of other users like dog walkers, cyclists, and other runners. There will be marshals at key locations on these paths.
- Extra care must be taken on the outward leg at 3.5k with a sharp left hand turn to join the Taff Trail. Please slow your speed at this junction and listen to marshal instructons.
Have a good race and on behalf of Pontypridd Roadents I welcome you back to our races.